Notary Services

The Ridley Township Public Library is pleased to offer full notary services to our patrons.  Services are available during most of our open hours.  Please call ahead for availability at 610-583-0593.

You will need to provide the completed documents to be notarized and a current photo ID.

Photo identification for all signers and witnesses is required. The name on the ID MUST match the name on the document. The following types of photo I.D. are acceptable if they are not expired:

  • A Passport, driver’s license or government issued non-driver identification card which is current and unexpired.
  • Another form of government identification which is current and unexpired containing the individual’s signature and photograph satisfactory to the notary, such as:
    • Military ID
    • A Pennsylvania state or state related university identification card.
    • All forms of ID must be written in English.

*All signers must be present at the time of the notarization.

Fees and Payments

  • There is a $5 charge for each notarization.
  • There is a $.15/page charge for any photocopies.
  • There is a $1/page charge for any faxing service needed.
  • All forms of payment are accepted (cash, check, credit card)
  • If paying by check, the check needs to be made out to “Ridley Township Public Library”
  • Refunds will not be issued

*The notary at Ridley Township Public Library is not an attorney and is not authorized to practice law, give legal advice, or prepare legal documents. Ridley Township Public Library will not notarize some documents that require additional legal knowledge. This includes explaining to the customer what to say in an affidavit or affirmation, interpreting or explaining the documents, or telling the customer what forms are used. A notary public is also not allowed to draft legal documents, such as wills, deeds, or contracts. In addition, birth certificates and marriage licenses are publicly recorded documents and certified copies cannot be made by a notary. Certified copies are only available by contacting the specific government entity issuing the document (secretary of state’s office, court of law, county clerk, or Bureau of Vital Statistics). Only documents in English can be notarized.