Mobile Hotspots at Ridley Township Public Library
Mobile hotspots are Wi-Fi enabled devices that provide internet access for up to 10 tablets, smartphones, laptops, desktops, etc., at a time while you are on the go or have no internet access at home. Ridley Library offers two Mobile Hotspot options:
The first option is free – first-come-first-served county-owned hotspots that have a three-week check-out period. They can be put on hold and will become available as they are returned to a Delco library. There is no guarantee that these devices will be available at a particular time. Check our online catalog or call 610-583-0593 ext. 340 for availability.
The second option is to reserve an RTPL hotspot for a specific time period for a rental fee, perfect if you are traveling for vacation or business. These devices allow users to access unlimited, high-speed Internet service anywhere a T-Mobile signal can be received, even out of the country.
The rental periods and fees are:
- 3 days for $6
- 7 days for $10
- 2 weeks for $20
- 1 month for $30
Guidelines for Borrowing and Use of RTPL Hotspots
- RTPL Hotspots can only be checked out and returned to the Ridley Township Public Library circulation desk, reference desk, or outside book drop.
- Borrowers must have a valid Adult library card and be in good standing with the Library with no fines above $20.
- By checking out this Hotspot, borrowers understand and agree to these lending guidelines.
- Hotspots check out for designated time periods (from above box) and cannot be renewed. RTPL Hotspots may be re-booked if available as long as payment is made for the next booking period. Payment is due at time of check out.
- Borrowers, along with a library staff member, will verify that all accessories are present at the time of checkout and check-in (case, device, micro USB cable, power adapter, SIM card, instructions, and copy of borrower’s agreement.)
- Borrowers may book a RTPL Hotspot in advance and will have 1 day to check out the device before booking is cancelled.
- NOTE TO PARENTS/GUARDIANS: Internet content filtering is NOT provided through the Ridley Mobile Hotspot device. Parents/Guardians are responsible for monitoring what their children access via the device.
- The Hotspot can provide Wi‐Fi Internet access for up to 10 devices.
- If Hotspot is not working properly or stops working after troubleshooting, please return it to the library ASAP.
- The library reserves the right to deny borrowing privileges to anyone who habitually abuses our Hotspot policies.
Overdue Fines and Liability
- The overdue fine for a RTPL Hotspot is $3.00 per day. When the Hotspot reaches 1 day past due it will be deactivated, rendering the device unusable. (fines still accrue even if device is deactivated)
- The borrower is responsible for the costs associated with damage or loss of the Hotspot and all accessories due to neglect or abuse. The complete replacement cost for the Hotspot is $125.
Individual accessory replacement fines are as follows:
- Hotspot Device – $70
- Case – $5
- Micro USB cable – $10
- Power Adapter – $10
- SIM Card – $25
- Processing Fee – $5