Chromebook Lending Policy and Users Agreement
• The Ridley Township Public Library and Resource Center has one Chromebook that may be checked out once per day for a three-hour period on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Chromebooks may only be used inside the Ridley Township Public Library. They may not be taken into the lobby, bathrooms, or outside area.
• Chromebook and accessories (charge cord, mouse, and mouse pad) must be returned in provided bag and handed directly to a Reference Librarian.
• Users must abide by the Electronic Information Network (EIN) Policy of Delaware County Libraries (a full copy of this policy is available at delcolibraries.org/EINPolicyHTML.htm or in hard copy at the Information Desk).
• Chromebook borrowers must be 13 years or older with a valid Delaware County library card in good standing (fines not exceeding $20). A valid picture ID is also required. ID will be held until the return of the Chromebook.
• There is no fee to borrow a Chromebook, however, fees will be assessed if it is returned late, damaged, or lost.
• Borrowers must sign the Chromebook Lending Policy and Users Agreement before check out and a valid library card and ID must be available.
• Wireless printing in the library may be done by emailing your documents to email@example.com. Copies are $.15 each for black and white and $.25 each for color.
• The Chromebook uses a Chrome operating system only. Microsoft Office is not available on Chromebooks. Patrons may use Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets. There are conversion apps available to edit Microsoft Office products.
• A Google account is required for document preparation and editing. The library does have a Google account that patrons may use, but any documents created must be saved to a personal USB storage device (flash drive). Patrons may browse the internet on the Chromebook as a guest.
Late, Lost, or Stolen Chromebooks
• There is a $10 per hour overdue fine for Chromebooks. The maximum fine is $250. Librarians will not keep track of your allotted time. Make sure you are aware of the time the Chromebook is due back!
• The replacement charge for a lost or willfully damaged Chromebook is $250.
• Repeated or willful damage of a Chromebook will result in loss of borrowing privileges for Chromebooks and the replacement charge of $250 will be assessed to your library account.
• Removal or attempted removal of a Chromebook from the library will be considered theft or attempted theft and reported to law enforcement.