The Ridley Township library needs teens (ages 13-17) to help us with our Summer Quest Reading Program!
What will I be doing?
- Attending a 1/2-hour training session and signing up for 2-hour volunteer shifts.
- Helping us in the Children’s Library with various programs or performing other jobs (June 18th-August 17th) or helping out with our Science in the Summer program (July 9th-12th).
- Interacting with kids, teens, and their parents in a positive, friendly way.
- Training Sessions are scheduled for: Tuesday, May 29th — 6:00pm-6:30pm Sunday, June 3rd — 2:30pm-3:00pm Tuesday, June 5th— 6:30pm-7:00pm Tuesday, June 12th — 7:00pm-7:30pm
- A volunteer application can be picked up at the downstairs circulation desk and must be completed and brought back before May 21st to be considered. You may pick up an application beginning on Wednesday, April 11th. The parental consent portion of the form must be completed. Volunteer certificates will be awarded at the end of the summer!
- All teen volunteers must be 13 years of age by June 1st, 2018. It is mandatory for all teen volunteers to attend a 1/2 hour training session, and be prepared to sign up for their desired shifts at that time.
- If you’d like an application emailed to you just send an email to Kim Christensen (firstname.lastname@example.org).